Welcome part 4 of my conversation with Lydia Machovha, from LanguageMentoring.com
In Today's Episode:
To speak from day 1... or not?
- Start with self-talk, then other speakers
- Output is so much more important than the person you're talking to! Use other students, don't look for professional native speaker teachers you won't learn mistakes from others (just negligible influence) - because lots of listening input!
- Less stress with "non-native speakers"
- Don't worry about making mistakes - this takes a change in mindset but it's possible (especially people from traditional school system)
- What to talk about (esldisuccions.org)
- Simplify what you’re trying to say
- The only way to improve speaking is to speak - not Duolingo, not reading, not grammar exercises
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank italki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: https://iwillteachyoualanguage.com//italkishownotes
Do You Have A Question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show! Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast! If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below! If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there! See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!