Paul asks: "What do you think of the ESL industry?"
- I taught English as a foreign language for year, and enjoyed it immensely
- CELTA is a wonderful course and I highly recommend it
- There are a number of tensions between independent language learning and classroom teaching
- The challenge for ESL teachers is how best to teach a classroom of 10-20 people who come for a few hours a week
- Language learning ideology usually goes out the window when faced with the reality of a classroom and a language school
- Nevertheless, you can have a hugely positive impact on people's lives, and enrich your own life at the same time
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank iTalki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: http://iwillteachyoualanguage.com/italkishownotes
Do you have a question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show! Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast! If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below! If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there! See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!