Syawal asks: "How can I give better presentations in a foreign language?"
- With public speaking, you have to detangle the challenges of the presentation itself, with the language you use
- Presentations in your mother tongue can ofter leave you nervous and rambling
- It depends how much you want to prepare, and how much time you have
- The problem is similar to writing in a foreign language, and relates to how well you can express yourself in more formal language
- Method 1: Make sure you have a solid command of the specific vocabulary you need, then ad lib on the day
- Method 2: Prepare word-for-word what you'll say in certain parts of the talk
Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle. - Napoleon Hill
Start Speaking Today:
I’d like to thank iTalki for supporting the show. To claim your free lesson and start speaking today, visit: http://iwillteachyoualanguage.com/italkishownotes
Do you have a question?
Ask me your language learning questions by clicking here, and I’ll do my best to feature it on the show! Also, please subscribe to the show on iTunes to get automatic updates.
Thanks so much for listening to this episode of the podcast! If you’ve got any comments about the show then please leave them in the “comments” section below! If you’d like to help me out, then I’d love it if you could…
- Share the episode using the social media buttons around you
- Leave an honest review and rating of the podcast on iTunes (click here to do that)
iTunes reviews in particular really help the rankings of the podcast and help me to reach other aspiring language learners out there! See you in the next episode of the I Will Teach You A Language podcast!